Ordnance Building, Saint John, NB – This building is arguably one of Saint John’s most historic structures, surviving the Great Fire of 1877. The British Military Ordnance Building has been part of Canada’s military history since 1842, through two world wars, housing weapons and military supplies. It is now recognized as a National Historic Site and has been by restored by Commercial Properties in 2009 into professional offices. The exterior was restored in a manner true to its long service in the defence of Saint John, and the building’s interior retains many of its original components in a contemporized fashion.
With 12,000 sq ft. on three levels, the Ordnance Building is located at 274 Sydney St., minutes away from the downtown area by foot, and offers ample onsite parking. A highly efficient building, the Ordnance Building was the first of its kind to be recognized by Efficiency NB under the Start Smart program for exceeding requirements of the National Energy Code.
Building Size: 12,043 SF
Building Type: Office
Address: 274 Sydney Street, Saint John, NB
Designated a National Historic Site